Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hedgehog

What's small, spiky, had piggy legs, and doesn't stop moving? Our new family hedgehog!

Hosted by imgur.com

Yes, the Scottafouchenathanberg household has a new family pet who lives in a giant bin of a world on the granite countertop that nobody used by the dining room. Kim and I went to Home Depot and bought the largest bin we could find and built a little home for him. It looks like this:

Hosted by imgur.com

He has, as Jack described, "very pig-like legs", and a little snout that never stops moving. And he is adorable. When I put him on my bed he just burrows as deep as he can into the mess of blankets and comforters and pillows. Hedgehog is generally very friendly, except when you wake him up he gets really pissed off like an old man. He's a very "Get off my lawn, you crazy kids!" hedgehog.

The one thing I have learned is that male hedgehogs have their manhood located in the middle of their belly. That freaked me out at first.

He doesn't have a name yet, as we've taken to simply calling him "Hedgehog", or, in some cases, "The Hedgehog". If anyone can think of an awesome name, please comment.

Hosted by imgur.com

(My favorite thing to do is put him in his back. Seriously, he is awesome.)

4 comments:

  1. He is adorable! We want one too :)!

    How about Puffle as a name? Or may be Ezik? Although that might be just a tiny bit hard for your friends to pronounce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puffle! AHAHAHAHA that would be so funny. I love this creature, i jsut need to meet him already!

    ReplyDelete